twitter
    I'm a higher order machine learning to learn...

I am back..!!

Naahiii, Nope, Nyet, Illaiya....I wasn't on a cross country bike expedition spreading awareness on N1H1,AIDS, Cancer, Polio, Piles,Constipation..or any thing of that sort..neither i was selling agarbattees, detergent or Harman Baweja DVDs door to door... and to all my well wisher friends....nor I was on my honeymoon trip to Switzerland.....I am still single and rocking :).. neither outsource to Vietnam or Afghanistan ...!!

Last 7-8 months I was totally involved in the development of a bad model as a team leader ...The work was quite challenging and sometimes irritating because of frequent change requests .... This is the first large project in last 2 and half year in which I was involved deeply .... but at the end it gives me a big relief and satisfaction when I see the application running smoothly... the sleepless night and the hard work finally paid off .....!!

This project taught me a lot as a developer , as a analyzer as a designer... We generally work under a extreme deadline pressure... and we write the code which just work and gives the correct output... which may not be the clean code and prone to some bugs in future..... since, I read a book named "A clean Code" by Robert C Martin. I am quite impressed with the ideas and trying to write clean code as much as possible at the first place itself and suggested the same to my teammates.. As there is a saying "Dirty code is just like a dirty diaper".

I remember one funny incident ... once I put my status message in gtalk as "Trying to write a clean code " a dear friend of mine commented " Ask your Mom or your kamwali bai to help you out..!!" And I replied "There is no Surf Excel invented so far ..thus neither your mom, nor any of your kamwali bai can help"... better help yourself rather than banging your head later on....!!

1 comments:

Basab said...

Ya Clean Code is an awesome book...
I keep reading it again and again...

You can really get yourself into the Rin Superwhite Code Writing mode once you try to use the techniques.
I have done some big dhobi-acts on existing code by refactoring it with Unit-Testing.

The best thing I like about the book is it says Development is a social activity..When writing code our code should be able to tell the story we want to tell to the next guy who reads it and fixes something we missed.